Thursday, July 26, 2012

Being at Peace

Are you in the middle of a difficult relationship struggle?  Thankfully I am not, but we all have ongoing concerns toward at least a few people in our life.  Those people who have hurt you in the past or you are not sure if they think rightly of you. These people can be difficult to love or to be around due to that awkward lack of understanding. 


Want to know a really great way to get your mind on board biblicaly toward others?  Pray I Corinthian 13:4-7 for them. Speaking from personal experience this has helped me many times to keep my mind in the right place. I have written an example of a prayer that is based on the passage.


Copy this down, add more scripture to it if you like, and put the person's name in the blanks. Print it and pray it often or whenever the person comes to mind.  By doing this you are making a choice of 1) Forgiveness 2) Grace 3) Reconciliation and Peace 4) God's glory and not your own. 



Lord Jesus, help me to be patient toward __________.  May my words and actions be kind toward him/her. Please make me content with __________. May I not be jealous toward __________ and their possessions or who they are. Make my behavior toward __________ modest, humble, and appropriate.  When I want to boast in myself or make my ways seem better or more important give me a selfless mind and heart help me put __________ before myself.  Savior, who has been merciful to me, let me not become angered because "...the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God." (James 1:20) Lord, help me to forget the ways __________has hurt me in the past and to rejoice in what is right and true in __________'s life.  Lord, help me to bear with __________, because we are all sinners in need of grace.  May I have the strength to trust and hope for good in __________, giving them the benefit of the doubt knowing that you are in the business of restoring __________ and my relationship.  If it is possible, as much as depends on me, help me to live live peaceably with __________. (Romans 12:18) With your grace and mercy I know you will give me what I need to endure life with__________ knowing that in the end you will be glorified.  "Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, But to Your name give glory, Because of Your mercy, Because of Your truth." (Psalm 115:1) Amen.


I am hopeful that this will help bring peace to your heart toward the difficult relationships in your life.  Forgiveness is SO important!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment