Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Relishing in Relish!



Thanks to TammyLou over at All Recipes for this wonderful Cucumber Relish recipe! The official title is "The Best Relish I've ever Had"

Currently I am waiting on the last of my cans to pop to complete the canning process of this recipe. I could not wait to share this recipe with my readers.

I am really thankful that the canning process I used worked. My husband and I were given a big canning pot as a gift and we loved it, but were sorely disappointed when we read the label: "Do not use on glass or ceramic cook tops".

While preparing my things for canning the relish I went to get the pot only to remember our demise. So I needed to think resourcefully in order to make it work. Normally you are supposed to put space between the jars, but I decided to use my dutch oven and bring the jars to a boil in there. It worked out fine.

But we will need to wait until we are blessed with a gas stove one day to use this beauty:

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of cucumber relish. It sounds delicious (especially this time of year with all the fresh cucumbers!)

    ReplyDelete