Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pregnancy Milestones and Life Changes

I am glad that I have reached week 35!  Though I am not considered full term I could  mostly likely safely have the baby at home. Monday I had my midwife appointment and all is well with baby. My iron level is good, I am measuring and weighing normal.

My husband lost his job so we are really tightening the reigns on any spending, even food spending.  I am going to have to get really creative as to how I'm going to make healthy cheap meals. It's easy to make unhealthy cheap meals, but healthy, well balanced meals is a challenge. Beans, rice, veggies.  They say there is so much you can do with them, but I lack creativity.

We are grateful that we no longer have a mortgage. We have a small bit of debt left over from the sale of the house, but thankfully that will be able to be paid over time (as much as we wanted to just throw big chunks of payments in there, that is not an option right now.)  Plus Jake is out from under a very stressful job that was becoming too much pressure for him to perform as his boss desired and he hated to see all the poor decisions being made that have made the company go into this place of detriment. I am happy to have a hard working husband that does the best he can to provide for our family.

Time to get the birth kit together as we anticipate baby coming.  My list is big, but I think everything will come together nicely. God knows our needs and we have so much family surrounding us if we get in tight spots. Plus, our midwife is so understanding regarding financials with the birth of the baby. If our health sharing network does not pay for 100% of the payment then we will need to make a couple payments to her. We are confident that things will work out just fine.

Christmas is just around the corner and we are looking forward to being with family, having fun, eating good food and being grateful for our eternal gift of life that Jesus brought to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment