Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homemade planner

I shared recently about how I found www.motivatedmoms.com.  Here is what I chose to do with my planner pages.  All I used was decorative 8 1/2 x 11 paper, decorative brads, scissors, a whole punch, and a marker.  

Homemade Planners
I decided to do the rest of the year and make a book for each month September through December.

The first thing I did was fold all the pages so it would be a true book with print on both sides of the page.  Then I punched the holes using my cheap 3 hole punch, which conveniently had a ruler on it so I would punch in the same place every time. 

I cut my decorative 8 1/2 x 11 paper in half and punched holes in them to make a cover and back. Then I placed all my pages with holes punched out on the cover and place the back on top.  Then I put the brads through the holes,  wrote the month on the cover and voila! My very own planner!

It is much more fun to get my list out each morning when it is ready for me in my cute little book. I find if I don't get my list done in the morning it is hard to motivate myself later in the day.

Here's to lists! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment