Friday, November 12, 2010

Low Calorie Veggie Sandwich

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted.  This time of year is so busy and blogging has had to be put lower on the priority list. Today, for the first time in a while I thought "I need to share this with someone." I also actually have a few minutes to sit down to type!

My husband I have begun to count calories together again which usually leads to some weight loss in our house.  We are not doing it to the point of obsessing about it, but we are learning how many calories are in what. We try to watch portion sizes of high calorie/starchy/sugary foods.  I am having a great time learning and discussing foods with my husband.  Plus, our pallets learn more of how to enjoy those healthy foods.

At the risk of sounding overly enthusiastic about a sandwhich, I'm posting today's lunch.

I tried to get a picture of the sandwich, but it was terribly blurry. I decided just to post a link to Annie's Naturals Lite Gingerly Vinaigrette Dressing from Amazon. This is what made my sandwich taste awesome today. If you buy it online through the link below I get a small commission. I almost want to stock up on this for fear that they would stop making it.  Maybe if I tell people about it there will be more of a demand!

With that said here is what was on the 160-200 calorie sandwich today that made it so very good and so very healthy:

-2 toasted thin slices of white/wheat bread made in my bread maker
-2 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
-4 cucumber slices
-5 Grape tomatoes
-baby spinach leaves
-some small slices of sweet red pepper
-sliced mushrooms
-carrot shavings
-of course, the lite gingerly dressing brushed on one side of the bread (2T is 40 calories!) This dressing tastes a lot like the pickled ginger that places with sushi serve. Add the cucumbers, carrots, and peppers and it tastes a lot like a california roll topped with some pickled ginger!  

My hubby added some celery to his sandwich.  I would have liked to add bean sprouts, but we haven't had a chance to go get the right beans to do the sprouting from our health food store.

I highly recommend trying this sandwich for a healthy and tasty lunch! Cheers to less calories and weight loss!  Now to tone some muscle?  (eh.. maybe tomorrow. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment